text

Please, Just GO AWAY!

So here in our little house, we got the chance to make it our own, its adapted for myself, so it really is our forever home.

Now I am aware I am lucky to have this house, there are thousands of families on the waiting list, I appreciate this but at the same time, we did our fair share of waiting. 

Trust me.

Anyway, as this house had not really been “lived in” as such for the last 10 or so years, it has caused us a few problems.

One of which being…..

MOULD!

Now I am not talking some black spots, no. The wall in the bathroom actually leaks water, I kid you not. 

It is on every outside wall of the house (inside of course) and so far, the council have nor really been interested in putting a rush on.

One lady even gave us a leaflet, because apparently we all have this mould and we should be wiping the walls more often?!

Give me a break woman, that is bullshit! 

If she lives with the following in her house, I would be more than surprised!

mould 1 mould 2 mould 3 mould 4

 

This is all after repeatedly cleaning the walls, I should not have to do this, apart from the mount of cleaning, it is a health hazard to us all!

I would not expect this in private rented, so I do not expect it from LHA, I pay my rent on time, in full, every month! 

SORT IT OUT!

Thank you for reading. If you liked this post then why not: Share this post, sharing is lovely. Sign up for email updates at the top left hand side of the page? Comment, I love comments and aim to respond to each one :)

4 comments

  1. Kim Carberry - February 28, 2013 7:54 pm

    That isn’t right at all the council should do something….
    But as they are not have you tried Anti-Mould paint….We had some like yours in our bathroom and the landlord came and had a look, washed it all down and gave us a tin of the special paint!! It’s been on about a year now and there is no more mould!!
    Hope you get something done x

    Reply
    • Mummy - March 2, 2013 6:38 pm

      I know, its taking them AGES! The ma said it was beyond the magic paint, the walls are soggy and we have rising damp. There is no damp proofing at all :( x

      Reply
  2. Monika aka Mumonthebrink - March 3, 2013 5:33 am

    Unfortunately mould is a pig to tackle! Anti mould paint will help the master as sell anti mould wash (otherwise washing the walls will just spread it). The most, and really the only long-term solution is insulation. Either a cavity wall insulation or internal or external wall insulation. The later 2 are rather costly. :-(
    Hope you get some support from the LHA to short it because it real lllk is a health hazard.

    Reply
    • Mummy - March 3, 2013 2:03 pm

      Thank you, washing the walls is all we have at the mo, hate the fact it spreads it :( They said they would put up thermal boarding, however that is costly and we have to wait for those funds :( xxxx

      Reply

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: